Friday, December 6, 2019

Number Twelve Cider Helix

Number Twelve Cider Helix. 5.5 % ABV.
Number Twelve Cider House, Minneapolis, MN.

Here we go, my first Number Twelve Cider House cider. Still haven't stopped at the taproom. Still not a cider guy. But they got me some samples, so I owe them a review, or a few. And here's the first one that I grabbed out of the fridge.

Clear, greenish, no head.

In the nose: Fresh, green, fruity, floral. Lightly sweet. Nice enough.

In the mouth: Apples, Oak. Dry. Light bodied, very refreshing. Not really getting the honey. Vanishes in the finish. Not bad, though. I can drink it. But for a honey cider, I'm only getting dryness. Expecting sweet. Huh. Oh, well. Guess the oak aging took that out.

Toasted French Oak, subtle spice/date notes

Also: Tasting Notes: Subtle spice, dates, honey, toasted French Oak
Apples: Chestnut Crab, Connell Red, Cortland, Haralson, Honeygold, Viking, (Locally sourced honey from our friends at Bare Honey)
ABV 5.5%

No comments: