Saturday, December 14, 2019

Bauhaus Vossisdoss Kviek IPA

Bauhaus Vossisdoss Kviek IPA.
6.6 % ABV. 52 IBU.
Bauhaus Brewlabs, Minneapolis, MN.

Highly hazed, bright orange/gold coloring, slim white head.

In the nose: Citrus pops, with slight spice on the side. Touch of funk and tart.

In the mouth: Well, this is interesting. My previous encounters with kviek yeast left me nonplussed and more confused than ever about what the big deal is about it. It didn't seem to add anything interesting at all. This one on the other hand, there's something going on.

It's a tad tart, a little bit funky, and then along comes the fruit. Bitterness is moderate, but there. Palate keeps busy with this beer. Medium bodied.  I finished it easily, and I liked it, but it's...I'm not sure what it is. Hmmm.

IPA fermented with Norwegian Voss Kveik yeast.

No comments: