Friday, December 6, 2019

Town Hall Famarillo IPA

Town Hall Famarillo IPA. 6.5 % ABV.
Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.


Here's one that was released at the brewery last Monday, but I couldn't get a growler of it then, because, well, they hadn't gotten around to filling them yet. So, I picked one up a week later, and I'm finally opening it now. Falconer's Flight and Amarillo hops= Famarillo.

Clear, bold amber/bronze, slim white head.

In the nose: Citrus and pine, all the time. Grapefruit and lime, similarly in a regular, timely fashion.

In the mouth: All the hops are here, and they're buzzing the palate with bitterness. Nice and mellow, but fully flavored. Easy drinking, with a long, hoppy, bitter finish. This is just the way I like it. If you want to sell me on an IPA, this is exactly how to do it. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

In actual fact, it is: yum, yum, yum a dum dum.

No comments: