Thursday, March 31, 2022

Bad Weather Glory Daze West Coast IPA


 Bad Weather Glory Daze West Coast IPA.

8.5% ABV, 77 IBU, Bad Weather Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

I like the Bad Weather Brewing Company. I have said it before and I'm saying it again. And now they have a West Coast IPA, and I have made my feelings very clear about them. Have they made the right West Coast IPA for me? Let's find out. (Actually, I've already found out, as this is the fourth can from the pack, and I had it at the brewery in September 2019. )

Clear, bright golden hue, large ivory head. 

In the nose: Big hops, bristling with citrus and pine. Highly likable. 

In the mouth: Hop explosion on the palate, a flurry of citrus, orange and tangerine, lime and grapefruit, brimming with bitterness. Only the slightest bit juicy,with bitterness aplenty. Medium bodied, with a long dry finish. 

Relive the style that got you into craft beer in the first place. Some will say it's washed up, past it's prime or already peeked. Before the haze was the Glory Days... of the West Coast IPA. 


GLORY DAZE is a collaboration brew with our friends at the soon to be open Arbeiter Brewing Co. Inspired by our favorite "classic" West Coast IPA's this beer is clean, very hop forward with a firm bitterness. Hoppy aromas of citrus, pine and resin.

No comments: