Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Boulder Shake Chocolate Porter


Boulder Shake Chocolate Porter, porter with natural flavors added. 12 oz. bottle, alc. 5.9% ABV. Brewed and bottled by Boulder Beer  Company, Boulder, Colorado.

Appearance: solid brown body, utterly opaque, with a rich, frothy tan head. Very tempting.

Aroma: bittersweet cocoa, and nothing but. If I added anything else, I'd be lying.

Taste: dark, rich, and slightly sweet. Full-bodied, and perfectly drinkable. Ever more so, with this delicious added chocolate flavor. We don't get too many chocolate porter, as the stout gets that treatment more often. This one does it all, holds it's own in the depth and body department, never quits on the flavor, lasts a long, long time.

I'm glad I bought a single of this, though. A little bit of cocoa goes a long way for this guy, and I might have grown weary of it if I had a whole 6-pack to go through.

Let's see what the label tells us: "Our twist on the traditional robust American Porter, Shake Chocolate Porter is black in color with rich, dark chocolate aromatics and flavors and subtle coffee-like notes. This unique beer blends five different friars, including Chocolate Wheat, that along with cacao nibs create e a devilishly delicious chocolate finish with a velvety mouthfeel."

Sure, I'd go for that. Chocolate fiends, get this one, it's good.

No comments: