Monday, March 24, 2014

Milwaukee Brewing Outboard Cream Ale


Milwaukee Brewing Outboard Cream Ale. 5.0% Alc. by Vol. "That's local flavor!"

Last of the samples from MKE. Cream Ale is one of my least-liked beer styles. I'll strive to overcome that prejudice in order to discover whether this is a good one or no.

Clear, golden colored, sizable, staying crown of milky froth.

Aroma: Creamy. (Imagine that.) Negligible hop presence. Smooth maltiness. Pleasant enough stuff.

Taste: Open wide and down the hatch. Lands on the palate and spreads along nothing but smooth and creamy malt flavor. No need for anything else with this style. Easy drinking defined. Light-bodied and pleasing all around. Soft finish.
Good name for this one, as I can see this being adequate sustenance for a day on the lake.

So, with my ninth MKE beer down the hatch in total, I've come to realize that they do really well with styles that I would rarely, if ever, personally choose for myself.

And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

No comments: