Monday, March 24, 2014

Hinterland Maple Bock


Hinterland Maple Bock. Beer brewed with maple syrup. One pint. Brewed and bottled by Green Bay Brewing Company, Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Dark auburn hue, slim tan head.

Aroma: sweet and malty, earthy, nutty….maple-y.

Taste: all that from the nose climbs on board the palate. Mild and subtle, smoothy and easily consumable. Medium-bodied. Sweet, maple-y finish. Hops are muted, malt is king. Absolutely approachable and fairly pleasing to the tongue.

I don't mind this one, but it's clearly outside my bag. Not in my wheelhouse, as some are fond of saying (I'm not.). No ABV given, but I'd put it around 5.5%, maybe. This has to have it's fans out there, but as for me, I think one is good enough.

Thanks, though, to Mike from Hinterland for the sample.

No comments: