Sunday, June 7, 2015

Bauhaus Wonderstuff Pilsner

At last, we have come to the last of Bauhaus' "flagship" cans, and it's no surprise that it's their pilsner. I'm not a lager lover, I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I can come to like some of them. I can't pretend otherwise, I will always go towards ales and darker beers first. So, here 'tis, my notes on Wonderstuff, of which I purchased  an entire 6-pack:


Bauhaus BrewLabs Wonderstuff Neo Bohemian Pilsner. 5.4 % ABV. 48 IBU.

Appearance: clear, pale golden coloring, adequate ivory foam formation.

Aroma: florals and honey, soft and delicate, and utterly likable. Nice noble hop character. Citrus-y echoes lurk below.

Taste: Particularly pleasing, with a pronounced hoppiness. Clean, light-bodied, easy-drinking as pie. Or, easy-as-pie drinkin'. Whatever works. Simple, classic, well-done.

Satisfying beverage, excellently executed. What's the gobbledygook want to tell us? "Some ideas are simply ahead of their time. The stuff in this can, however, is right on schedule. We channelled a madman's spirit and wild ingenuity into this unique version of a classic. Wonderstuff delivers the clean, balanced flavors you'd expect from a Pilsner with a powerful, citric hop twist. Truly the stuff of wonder, this beer will change the way you think about lagers."

Once more, I find myself hating their gobbledygook. No matter, I'll ignore it and enjoy the remains of the glass, as well the other 5 cans in the fridge.

No comments: