Monday, June 1, 2015

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Equinox IPA


Minneapolis Town Hall Equinox IPA. It's an IPA made with Equinox hops. That's not what you'd call a hot hop, it's been around too long for that. "Hot hops" have to be less than a year old, otherwise….not as hot.

6.8% ABV. Other information is currently unobtainable. Nothing on the website, all I found was gleaned off of BA and RB. And that's it.

Appearance: clearish, bright golden amber hue, slim white head.

Aroma: Essence of tropical and citrus fruits lead the way: pineapple, lemon, a bit of banana. More sweet than bitter. Orange and tangerine come creeping through. I'm loving it.

Taste: Bitterness starts it off, bouncing all over the palate. Then comes the sweet. Terrific balance. Malt is on the light side, crisp and delicate. Cracker-y. Hops are truly going to town on this one, lasting long throughout the drink. Loong lasting.

This is a tasty one. I got to tell you, as much as I love Masala Mama from Town Hal, I find myself gravitating to their other IPAs and APAs when the chance arrives. Variety being the spice of life and all.

No comments: