Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Town Hall Marmalade Sky Pale Ale

Sometimes I bring a growler home with me from a brewpub or taproom to write about a beer for the first time. This is not one of those times. I have had this beer before, five years ago, but before the blog began. I could easily have taken a photo of the beer I had at the pub, as I've done before, but, no, I had to buy a growler, although I did not need one, and in fact, I was going to be buying more growlers that day, at other places.

Why? Because it was Sunday, and I could. At last, Mother Minnesota government has released us just a bit from it's apron strings, and allowed we the citizens to purchase beer from a taproom or brewpub, at last, on a Sunday. We're all grown up now. Still can't visit a liquor store, yet. So, if you don't live near a brewpub or taproom, or if your city or township hasn't ratified the repeal, or you want something other than beer from a brewpub or taproom, well, you're out of luck. We're not that grown up yet, I guess.

Here are notes from June, 2010 on Marmedale Sky American Pale Ale (4.9% ABV.):




"Marmalade"...not, "Marmelade"...no wonder I couldn't find this listing...well, here's what I thought...

from Wikipedia: "Not to be confused with Marmelade, a town in Haiti."

I'm picturing myself on a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and...

Lightly clouded, apricot/tangerine appearance, nice, strong & sturdy off=white head...ain't nothing' wrong with it.

Aroma: Estery, dark fruit, grape, cherry, and orange, ripe and lively, yet soft and lovely...nice. Beautiful.

Taste: Mmmmm. Full-bodied, great feel on the palate, nice heft in the mouth, Vibrant hop presence, full malt feel. Orange flavor jumps in and out, and bumps around, says Hi and submerges. Yum, I say. And, mmmm, mmm. Wonderful bitterness.

Well-made ale, this. I can drink it, and be happy, and drink some more. Best shared with a girl with kaleidoscope eyes....

No comments: