Thursday, June 11, 2015

Town Hall Midnight Breakfast Porter


Town Hall Midnight Breakfast. What's in this beer? Not sure. Guess I have to open it up and find out.

Appearance: dark brown coloration, creamy-toned tanned head atop, looking great.

Aroma: ah! that's the stuff. creamy-smooth oat malt, low hops, sweet but balanced. Just right.

Taste:   On the palate, more of the same. Low bitterness, smooth and creamy oat malt flavors, with some light chocolate and a touch of toffee. Velvety smooth.

Terrific porter, but I can tell you much more about it. There's never a full description on the menu, and there's nothing on the website. BeerAdvocate has only two ratings, and only one with words, and he tells us "I like breakfast stout better." Well, whoop dee do. That's not what this is. He also informs us that it's 5.6% ABV. And calls it an "American porter."

Ratebeer has more reviewers with more words, words like "decent", "oily", "mustiness", and "ash."

Years ago, I used to save the brewer's description slip that I'd find at the bar when a new beer was tapped, and incorporate that information into my reviews. I don't see them anymore. I'd like to know a little something about what I'm drinking.

No comments: