Tuesday, June 30, 2015

La Trappe Bockbier

Hey, check out what's on tap!

And I wrote these notes back in 2008, probably from a bottle.

Enjoy:


Murky plummish purply-brown coloration, creamy beige/brown head, slipping into a thin ring.

Rich, ripe fruit hits the nose...raisins, plum, a bit of fig, dates?just a tad?...a touch of port...

Tasting: Snappy, then smooth. Mellow mouthfeel overall, but plump with malty flavor. Yeast and malt are king here, and we've got a very Belgian trappist-y Dutch-style bock. How many of those have you had lately?

More I drink of this, the more I like it...I'll repeat mellow again, and it's just that kind of deep satisfaction I get from the Trappist ales, an enveloping feeling, the seeps out from the consumption of the brew and into the very heart of the drinker.

Hmmm: IBU: 36. Malts: pale, caramel, munich, barley, wheat and rolled oats. Hops: Hallertau, Northern Brewer, and Spalt.

Lightly spicy, a little funky, but mostly a fruity affair, but uplifting, and exalting.

Am I tasting the silence? I might actually be!

No comments: