Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Steel Toe Collision Course Double India Pale Ale


At last! At last, at last I found a bottle of this double IPA from Steel Toe! Collision Course, they call it, and there's not a ton of information on it, other than it was bottled on April 27th of this year. Let's drink it.

Appearance: clouded, golden-hued, strong ivory-toned head of foam atop.

Aroma: ah! that's the stuff! at first hit to the nose, it gives up the goods! A blast of fresh citrus and an explosion of pine. Lemon, orange, and tangerine, plus the scrapings of the forest floor. It's right on, brother.

Taste: Bitterness blasts the palate, scours the mouth, spreads bracing, arresting deliciousness. Each new sip brings a fresh deliverance of citrusy hop beauty. So good. So, so good. This is a beer that does not fit it's name. There's no collision here, no clash, no terrible contrast. It's big, it's bold, but it's far from bad. In fact, it's damned near perfect.

Each new entrance into my mouth, this ale brings delight and deliciousness. Nothing but happy. This should go in the top of any list of favorite double IPAs I should care to create.

The great sadness, though, is that I couldn't get more than this one bottle. I put off visiting the brewery, and when I finally made it in, there was one left. And I got it, buddy, I got it. So glad that I got it.

And I'm drinking it by myself, so I can tell you all about it, but how I wish I could have more to share with others.

No comments: