Monday, April 24, 2017

21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Ale

Here's a beer I had to check and make sure I haven't reviewed already, it's been around for so long. I've certainly tried it many times, but have never had a can of my very own to sit down and sample. Thanks, Mr. Sample Man, for helping make this happen, at long last.

I'm looking at the can and I wonder: How did the Statue of Liberty get to San Francisco, and why is she hanging out on top of the Golden Gate bridge? Did she swim? No, that's impossible. Did she walk? How did she avoid causing massive death and destruction, crushing buildings, people, plants and livestock under her the enormous weight of her gargantuan feet? Did she fly? Can she fly? How does the bridge withstand her incredible weight? Where did those gigantic watermelons come from? What other amazing properties and talents does this living statue possess? And here I thought it just stood in New York harbor, all lifeless -like. So many questions.

But, the beer: Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Ale, 4.9% Alc./Vol. Wheat beer brewed with watermelon. Brewed and canned by 21st Amendment Brewery, San Leandro, California.

Hazy, pale yellow, slim, milky white head.

In the nose: soft, wheat-y, increasingly fruity.

In the mouth: Sweet, fruity, nice wheat-y texture. Light bodied, easy drinking. Yup, it's a beer and it's got watermelon in it, and you can drink it. I can't think of anything else to say about it. Not bad, not great, just about good enough. I'm not big of a fan of watermelon flavor to actually go so far as to choose to drink it again. I'll ear watermelon if it's there in front of me, but I just don't care about having it in a beer. And we're going to have to leave it there, ladies and gentlemen, and off to the next one.

No comments: