Friday, April 7, 2017

Rekorderlig Premium Wild Berries Hard Cider

I'm thinking about changing the name of this blog. Mover over Bitter Nib, here comes The Bitter Core. They keep giving me cider, I keep posting notes on the blog. Now, here's one from Sweden. the Abro Bragger of Vimmerby to be exact.

Rekorderlig Premium Wild Berries Hard cider blended with wild berries made from pure Swedish spring water. Serve well chilled. 4.5% all./vol.

Clear, with a distinctive pinkish tint. (Should I not mention the head when writing about cider?)

In the nose: Sweet berries, with a touch of tart. Raspberry, for sure. Strawberry, definitely.

"Best served over ice" the label tells me, "for a crisp, cool and refreshing experience." I'm going to shelve that suggestion.

In the mouth: Fizz. High carbonation. Light body. (Of course, I have to remind myself, aren't all ciders?) Sparkling. Sweet, but not overly, with a slight touch of tart. Easy drinking. Personally, it's doing it for me. Perfectly passable, but not especially remarkable.

No comments: