Friday, April 7, 2017

Bad Weather Barrel-aged Cauld Weather Wee Heavy

Bad Weather Cauld Weather. Scottish Wee Heavy Aged in Whiskey and Port Barrels. 7.5% ABV.

Solid darkness in the glass, creamy tanned head. Looking great.

In the nose: Screams out whiskey. Rich. Sweet. Toffee, caramel. Molasses, vanilla. Rich and lovely.

In the mouth: Thick, rich, lush, sweet, beautiful. Toffee and caramel, The port barrel lurks below the whiskey, which is king here. So delicious. So, so tasty. Full-bodied, decadent, wonderful. I'm wishing I had a second bottle to save even longer. I'll look for one, and do that. I urge you to, too.

I'm still drinking and now the mingling. The port flavors are rising up and mixing with the whiskey. This is increasingly interesting, and I'm incredibly intrigued. Wow. Wee. And it's a drinker. Not too strong, not too rich, not too boozy and over-the-top. It's sumptuous, and mellow, and ...yeah. Do yourself a favor. Drink it now, or save a bottle and drink it later. But, either way, you'll be happy.

No comments: