Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest Amber Marzen

September's here, and it's Oktoberfest season, naturally. Another German bottle enters my hands due to the generous Sample Man, and once more I discover that the works of this old and revered German brewery have not been represented here in the Nib yet so far. Surely I must have taken notes on Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest Amber Marzen once before? Yes, indeed, back in January of 2003, way back in the infancy of my beer notations. I'll share them now:

5.8% Alc. by Vol. Brewed according to the German purity law of 1516.

Amber color, with a lacey, tannish head.

Highly aromatic: spicy, cloves, cinnamon, herbal.

Malty, but not overmuch. Some sweetness, but, again, just enough.
Delicate hop, solid body, slight sharpness and a coppery edge in the mouthfeel.
Very delicious.

Short and to the point. That happens sometimes.

No comments: