Saturday, September 2, 2017

Lakes & Legends St. Gail Raspberry Braggot

Lakes & Legends St. Gail Raspberry Braggot. 7.2% ABV. 4 IBU. Lakes & Legends, Minneapolis, MN.

Haze-ish, ruby-red-like, raspberry-type look, slim, whitish head. 

In the nose: Some sweetness, some fruit. There's a whiff of funk, along with the fruit. 

In the mouth: Raspberry flavor is here, and some honey sweetness. And something off. Not much, but  it doesn't help me forget the off-flavors found in the other bottles I've tried. If you didn't know that they could be there, it's easy to shrug them off. The problem is that their very possibility is lurking below every sip. And it is real. 

Further into the glass, the raspberry flavor is on top, the honey taste is here, but I can't escape the shadow of the plastic feel I got from the witbier. It's faint, but I can feel it.

This one needs some fixing, I'm sorry to say.

Don’t be fooled by this beer’s pink lemonade looks – this love triangle between raspberries, honey, and Belgian ale may seem sweet on the surface, but at 7.2% it’s seemingly innocent smile is actually a subtle sin grin.

No comments: