Thursday, September 21, 2017

Pulpit Rock To Hop and To Hold Double IPA

A few weeks back, Jason and I made it down to Decorah, Iowas and my first visit to the Pulpit Rock brewpub. I got the opportunity to sample all of their excellent ales during our stay, and took three of them home with me to take larger notes. And here's one that came in the handy crowler format. It's proof that there are still hop-related puns out there for those who look hard enough.

To Hop and To Hold. 7.8% ABV. 60 IBU.

To the eye: there's that haze that's all the rage, a bold orange hue, and an absolutely gorgeous pure white head, leaving lacing. Lovely.

In the nose: Grapefruit, orange, pineapple, plus. Big citrus/tropical aromatics, more fruity than bitter. And I can dig it. More of the lovely.

In the mouth: Smooth, creamy, fruity, delicious. Moderate bitterness, medium body, plentiful body and yeast at play on the palate. Juicy, bitter, ending dry. Bitterness grows and grows on the palate, and I'm enjoying it more and more.

Hazy IPA meets double IPA, and it's altogether tasty.

A deliciously progressive marital bliss between Simcoe, Mosaic & Summit hops.

No comments: