Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Oliphant OcctoberBoi Oktoberfest Lager

This beer reminds me of my favorite U2 song, in honor of my favorite month, which is still several weeks away, but has a German beer celebration in it's name held in September. I'll remember it as if I am hearing the great Bono's voice whispering in my ear: "OcctoberBoi, ....and the trees are stripped bare, of all they wear....I hate Mondays....but, I love lasagna..."

So, I went to Oliphant and I brought his back, and then I drank it, and while I did that, I wrote this:

Oliphant Occtoberboi. Oktoberfest lager. 6.3% ABV.

Clear, copper-y colored, slim, off-white head.

In the nose: Rich and malty. All the right smells are here, in all the right amounts. Classic marine aromatics, toasty and ablaze with the scents of autumn.

In the mouth: Nice smack of bitter starts it out, followed by massive malt. Rich and full-bodied, a heftier version than most marzens. Also, non-stop tasty. The crowler was ended in no time at all. Not a strict, by the book rendition, but there are plenty of those.

I can't remember if there's any special reason that Garfield the Cat is associated with this beer, was it just the magical whims of the chalkboard, or some other nonsensical meaning. It's okay either way, with me.

No comments: