Saturday, April 7, 2018

Clockwerks Equanaut IPA

I have a Clockwerks growler, and I've only filled it once. It came to me first at my birthday last year, courtesy of my friend Dan, filled with the Belgian Golden Strong. I didn't drink it at the birthday party and took notes when I did open it up. I sat on those notes until I wrote about the brewery a few months back. In between, I did return to the brewery and filled it with a Kolsch, though I either took no notes or abandoned them. The first rarely happens, the second once in a while.
So, I felt a little bad that I've only written about this brewery once. And the other day I stopped in, filled it with another beer, and I'm writing about it now. There we have it, and so....

Clockwerks Equanaut IPA. 5.8% ABV. 73 IBU. Clockwerks Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, amber-ish hue, slim but sturdy ivory head above.

In the nose: Citrus and tropical fruit notes land first, with a measure of hop bitterness. A touch earthy/spicy, altogether pleasant.

In the mouth: Bright citrus-y hop flavors board the palate, bolstered by robust malt back-up. Caramel malt tones dominate the malt mouthfeel. Good balance in this one, nicely tempered. Medium bodied. Easy drinking. Forever flavorful. Fruity flickers daub the palate anew. A tasty one. A few strokes shy of downright delicious, but definitely close to it.

I like you, Equanaut. You're a mighty fine IPA.

Ekuanot and Galaxy hops lead, supported by apricot and bright citrus flavors and aroma. Biscuity malt balance.

No comments: