Friday, April 20, 2018

Inbound Apricot Pale Ale

Inbound Apricot Pale Ale. Currently bearing the name of The Fuzz in the new cans that are out, though I am drinking from a crowler I bought about 10 days ago.

5% ABV, 24 IBU, Inbound BrewCo, Minneapolis, MN.

I'm looking on Untappd and it shows 3 check-ins to this beer, the first one being October 17, 2016, which was my first visit to the Inbound taproom. I liked it, good apricot pale ale. Check-in number two was from a sample bottle, provided by the brewery, enjoyed at my home, but I didn't publish the notes that I took on December 16 of 2016 for some reason. Again, I liked it. Why didn't I order kegs from the brewery for the bar that I work at? Good question. And check-in #3 was at Acadia on January 17 of 2017, when I had it on tap at Acadia, but ...well, there's a story there, and I'm going to tell it to you, soon, dear reader.

But for now, I'm just going to go ahead and drink Apricot Pale Ale, aka The Fuzz one more time and take notes from this crowler that I purchased at the taproom, because it's good enough, it's tasty enough, and doggone it, people like it.

Clear, dark amber coloring, slim, whitish head.

In the nose: bright, fresh, bold, fruity. Plenty of apricot aromatics at play, amidst the hops and malt.  Just delightful.

In the mouth: tasty, fruity. Sweet and hoppy. Juicy. Malty. Delicious. Fresh and zesty. Medium bodied, with a long hoppy/fruity finish. It's scrumptious. I don't use that word very often, but it naturally fits right here. Scrum-diddly-umptious. This is one apricot pale ale that I honestly and truly absolutely fully enjoy.

And you should, too.

Or, do you need everything to be hazy, or milk-shakey, or vanilla-y, or bourbon barrel-y? Ah, nertz to that. Good old simple apricot pale ale is good enough for me.




No comments: