Monday, April 9, 2018

Bauhaus Short Pants Lemon Shandy

Bauhaus Short Pants Lemon Shandy. 4.5% ABV. 15 IBU. Bauhaus BrewLabs, Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, bright golden hue, large, lasting pure white head. Looks good.

In the nose: Loud lemon. Big citrus. Quite fruity.

In the mouth: Big lemon bursts out from the start. Slightly tart, refreshing. Light bodied. Lip-smacking. Lean and clean. Quenching.

I don't care for shandy, but I understand their appeal. Believe it or not, we do feel the heat in the summertime here, we can get above 100 for awhile, and beers like this come in very handy. It's too lemony and light for me now, when it's the second week of April AND SNOWING!...but, when the time is right, I wouldn't refuse one, that's for sure.

For now, it's too early. I know what they're going for, but I'm not ready for it. Want to be. So want to be.

No comments: