Monday, April 9, 2018

Hop & Barrel Lactose Panda Milk Stout

Hop & Barrel Lactose Panda Milk Stout. 6.1% ABV. 30 IBU.
Hop & Barrel Brewing, Hudson, Wisconsin.


I often gripe about lactose in beers, especially IPAs, but you'll never hear me complaining about milk stouts. Somehow they just work better that way. Milkiness goes best with chocolate malt flavors, rather than hops. Let's drink it and find out if it works in this one.

Solid blackness, slim brown head.

In the nose: Creamy malt, light roast, coffee and cocoa.



In the mouth: More creamy, more smooth. Medium bodied, easy drinker, nothing but tasty. Chocolate and coffee plays it light. Sweetish, but ending dry. Very nice.

This is the third of the three crowlers I brought back from Hop & Barrel two weeks ago. I feel like I didn't choose the beers that would most appeal to me. I'm looking forward to tasting a few more and get a better sense of what they're capable of out there in Hudson town.

Our Taproom Manager Eryka made us put the word "Panda" in a beer name. Her first choice was Lactating Panda, so... Hope you're happy, Eryka. 

No comments: