Sunday, April 8, 2018

Oliphant Party On Garth Righteous Black Ale

Once more, just like Party On Wayne, here's another Oliphant beer that's been brewed for a while, but I'm just getting around to it. The answer to "why?" can only be that there were other beers that caught my fancy, and you can only take so many home at one time. (According to Untappd, I had it at least once before, a little more than two years ago.)  It's 6% ABV, IBU unknown, Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

Deep, dark brown, under a creamy tan head. Leaving a little lace. Lovely.

In the nose: soft, malty, caramel-toned, mild, with minor cocoa notes. Nice enough.

In the mouth: Chocolate-y, malty goodness aplenty, with a cool sprinkle of hop bitterness. Medium bodied, bordering on full, rich and delicious. I'm liking this one a lot. Is it a "Black IPA", a porter, a stout? No, it's it's own thing, and I can dig it. Nearly sessionable, and altogether likable. Roasted malt, a little toasty, notes of espresso and dark fruit. So tasty, and definitely downable.

Another must-try Oliphant beer. If you see it, don't hesitate: Drink one. Do it.

this is quite lit. almost as lit as my first time meditating. there was no transcendence, but i did meet a guide with a bowl cut and fancy suit. also there were a bunch of characters getting ready for a journey or a real long hike. my guide wanted to feed something in a tent i had in my yard...but then i came back to the real world via a goose honking. darn goose. if you're wondering, it's the same goose that chased me once. 

black ale. 6% abv
There must have been some reason that there was an illustration of Shrek
that Jeremy transformed into Mike Meyers, who doesn't portray Garth,
but did, of course, create him. Would a Dana Carvey Shrek-Garth
 have been any better?
I'm not sure, but I'll say no. Observations on this got me, inevitably, in a
discussion about the great William Steig, Shrek's creator.
 If you ever want to talk
about William Steig, hit me up. 


2 comments:

Jason B said...

It may be Mike Myers because it is Wayne who would say "Party on Garth"?

Al McCarty said...

Keen insight, JB.