Monday, April 2, 2018

Hop & Barrel Hudson Fog Hazy IPA

Hop & Barrel Hudson Fog Hazy IPA. 6% ABV. 28 IBU. Hop & Barrel Brewing Company, Hudson, WI. In that good ol' Wisconsin 32 ounce crowler. Filled 3/15. Purchased 3/25. Consumed 4/1.

Lightly hazed, golden-hued, with a strong, ivory-toned head. Looks fine, unless you're one of those fools for whom it can't be hazy enough. Give me tropicana or give me death! Boo.

In the nose: Sweet tropical notes tickle the nostrils first, pineapple, mango, passionfruit. Low bitterness.

In the mouth: Creamy, smooth, fruity, hoppy. Low bitterness. Lush and lightly malty. Easy drinking. Delightful. This seems to fit the requirements of those who favor the "NE"-style of IPA. And even smoother and creamier. I'm not a fan of the lactose in the IPA. Nope, not for me. If it's for you, go on ahead.

Realizing that this isn't in my favorite style, I wish I'd brought back a crowler of the "regular" IPA, the Crooked Grin, which I sampled on site and was thoroughly happy with. Next time, next time.


Kinda hazy IPA. More lactose than a cup of milk. Hopped with Citra, Vic Secret, and Galaxy Hops. 

No comments: