Friday, April 27, 2018

Modist Har Mar Superstar's Bye Bye 16 Ounce Personal Tallboy Citrus Lager Best Summer Ever Beer

Modist Har Mar Superstar's Bye Bye 16 Ounce Personal Tallboy Citrus Lager Best Summer Ever Beer. 4.9% Alc./Vol. Modist Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

There are times when my quest to drink them all takes me into places that I'd usually rather not go. This beer, a collaboration with local music legend Har Mar Superstar, was released at Modist's 2nd anniversary party a couple weeks back. It was not released on tap, tallboys only. I saw it at a store recently, and had to give it a try. But is it my kind of beer? We'll see.

Lightly hazy, bright golden, slim ivory head on top.

In the nose: Citrus-y, sure. Light, delicate, airy. Yup.

In the mouth: Big, citrus-y bite up front. Light bodied.Tangerine and lime really come through. Light and citrus-y just about covers it. Very limey. And tangeriney.

Yup. Citrus lager and you can drink it. I'm finishing my notes on the second tallboy from the 4-pack. I'm going to push the other two to the back of the fridge and drink them when it's 95 degrees out. For now, it's just not interesting enough.

And, hey, why not a Fancy Ray McCloney collaboration beer? That sounds like fun. I know he doesn't drink, but it might be more interesting than this one.


A crisp crushable lager thats fermented with tangerine and lime.

No comments: