Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hop & Barrel Lactose Panda Chocolate Milk Stout --the can

Hop & Barrel Lactose Panda Chocolate Milk Stout --the can. 6.1% ABV. (So says the website can reads 5.5%.) 30 IBU. Hop & Barrel Brewing, Hudson, WI.

A little bit ago, my friend Brian Priefer announced online, in the social medias, the he'd just finished canning some beer. I begged, cajoled, and wheedled him (those are all real words) to drop off a sample for me on his way home. When he did so, it was this one, which I'd already reviewed based on a crowler brought back from the brewery. If I only knew they were canning it, I'd have bought a different crowler.

So, I asks Brian, I asks him, is this any different from that? And he says: it's the version I'm happy with, so that does it, I'm reviewing this one. And patiently awaiting delivery of the other two.


Obsidian-tinged, richly roasted & toasted brown cocoa-brown head on top, leaving lace, looking lovely.

In the nose: soft, smooth, semi-sweet, velvet-y and chocolatey. Very enticing.

In the mouth: Mmmm, warm dark malt sensations, more chocolate, cream, yummy. Yep, that's a technical term, they teach it down at the beer drinking school. Medium bodied, caramel malt meets chocolate, with lactose delivering the smooth. Sweet, but beautifully balanced. Creamy, luscious, rich, and delicious. I like this loads.

You can't get it here yet. Got to go to Wisconsin for it. It'll be worth the trip, though.

An easy drinking milk stout. Layers of milk chocolate and light caramel with a subtle roast backbone make this stout suitable for any reason in any season.

There's more on the label: "Know the one thing pandas dig more than pandas dig more than bamboo? Chocolate milk. True Story! The lactose addition in this rich, creamy stout gives it layers upon layers of chocolate character, making it decadent and sippable, at once. A lack of Lactose Pandas in our fridges makes us sad pandas."



No comments: