Sunday, June 17, 2018

Steel Toe Brewers' Evolution Series Pilsner

Steel Toe Brewers' Evolution Series Pilsner. 5.4% ABV. 20 IBU. Steel Toe Brewing, St. Louis Park, MN.

So, I made it to Steel Toe the other day. First time in nearly a year. Why? Why, why, why? I have simply got to stop saying, "I must see them more often" and just do it. Once a month, is it that hard? It's a fifteen minute bike ride, less time than it takes me to get to work. Just do it, dummy! (I'm talking to me, there, not you. Unless you visit Steel Toe even less than me.)

And there were many fine beers there, but only one that I could take home that I'd never written about here in the Nib. And now we will drink it.

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: Nicely hopped. Floral and lightly spicy. Sight grain/cereal/malt.

In the mouth: soft and smooth. Hops up front, laying long on the palate. Classic German hop profile. All the nobles. Pilsner malt. Little bit of cracker. Nicely balanced. Light bodied. Tasty. Consumable. Yeah, this one works. Good pilsner and I can drink it.


Color: Straw, brilliant clarity
Aroma: Slight floral, light, sweet cracker malt
Flavor: Balanced, pilsner malt, distinct and refined noble hop character and bitterness

No comments: