Thursday, May 7, 2020

Town Hall Ol' Blarney Irish Red Ale

Town Hall Ol' Blarney Irish Red Ale. 6.9 % ABV.
Minneapolis, Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.

You'll have to forgive me if I mention these things that happen once again, and again, over and over. Again, and again.

So there I am, looking over the crowler selections from Town Hall, about to order for delivery, and I think to myself: Ol' Blarney? Has that been in the Nib? No! An oversight, of course, not that I don't care for Irish Reds. I do, of course. In nearly 10 years of doing this, and every single year I neglect to bring a crowler home to get it here in the Nib.

So, I ordered a crowler, along with three others, and Chris drove them down to my place. I downed the contents without comment, for I did take some notes, way back in 2009:

It's red, indeed, red all the way, with an nice beige head.

Malty nose,sweet,rich, and full....a little fruity and herbaceous...some caramel malt in there. A little chocolate, too...actually a lot. Mmmm.

Very full-bodied, rewarding and delicious. Have to say it again, Mmm, mmm.

Finishing the last of here in 2020: you know, it's short and sweet, delivers the goods, nothing wrong with that. My review, and the beer.

No comments: