Thursday, May 21, 2020

Lake Monster True Story Pale Ale

Lake Monster True Story Pale Ale.
5 % ABV, 40 IBU.
Lake Monster Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

True Story: I like pale ales, and will choose them when I see them. Hence, I chose this.

Also True Story: I like the Lake Monster Brewing Company, and I will try them out when I can.

Clear, bright golden/amber hue, large ivory head, whittles slowly down, leaving lace.

In the nose: Caramel malt, citrusy hops.

In the mouth: Warm and wet. Biscuity malt, caramel-toned, with hop bitterness following through, more than enough for balance. Light bodied and highly drinkable. A touch juicy, clean and even. A touch more on the sweet side than I normally like. But, it's balanced and palatable.

This is can 5 of 6.  Some in the middle of 1 and 4 tasted a little off. Almost done with this can and I'm not tasting those off-flavors. I hope I don't bump into them again when I crack open 6.

Pale Ale brewed with a blend of classic and new school hops. Hoppy, crisp and crushable

No comments: