Sunday, May 10, 2020

ONE / Dangerous Man Bobby Digital

ONE / Dangerous Man Bobby Digital. IPA.
7.5 % ABV.
ONE Fermentary & Taproom, Minneapolis, MN.

Lightly hazed, golden/amber hued, slim white head.

In the nose: Lightly citric, slightly fruity, ...

In the mouth: Slight bitterness at first, soft and smooth, medium bodied, nice and easy. A little bit of berries in the bouquet. Goes down nice and smooth. Juicy, juicy stuff, indeed. End on a satisfying dry note.

I didn't go into this with a lot of knowledge beforehand. Just that it's collaboration
between ONE and Dangerous Man, where ONE brewer and co-owner Ramsey Louder cut his teeth. And that it's named after an album by a member of the Wu Tang Clan.

Also, distracting me from taking more in-depth notes was that I was drinking it during another Zoom session with friends on Friday night. They don't have a setting for muting everyone else, that I know of, so I muted trying to contemplate on the beer while ignoring my pals, but still hearing them talk. Doesn't really work. I try to avoid this by drinking beers I don't need to take notes on, but there weren't many of them around.

In any case, I enjoyed it, and I'd go back for more.

Introducing... Bobby Digital, our concrete-fermented Gewürztraminer IPA brewed in collaboration with our Dangerous Man fam. 

Bobby Digi (aka The RZA) is an experimental IPA brewed with Pils malt, Cara Hell, spelt, and flaked wheat. Fermented in our concrete fermenter and generously dosed with Citra, Galaxy, Strata, Sultana, Hallertau Blanc, and Huell Melon hops, this beer presents aromas of fresh flowers, citrus, and tropical fruit. A creamy, highly carbonated mouthfeel holds a slightly sweet, spicy, and somewhat mineral-y flavor with low-to-moderate hop bitterness. Finishes dry, tannic.

Wait, Gewurtztraminer IPA? Okay, whatever....Seems like I say that a lot, these days.

No comments: