Saturday, July 31, 2021

Blacklist Double Hazy Project New England IPA Brewer's Series IPA VI

Blacklist  Double Hazy Project New England IPA Brewer's Series IPA VI.

9.5 % ABV, 30 IBU. Blacklist Brewing, Duluth, MN. 

Lightly hazed, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Intense citrus, big hoppiness, thoroughly dank. 

In the mouth: starts out citrusy and juicy, hops are in command of the palate. Smooth and super-drinkable, despite the ABV.  Citrus hop flavors aplenty, with a shot of tropical on the side. Definitely delicious. Like a cross between a hazy/NE IPA and the kind I like to drink. 

Confession time people. I bought this back in February. The first three cans were consumed in quick succession in the first few weeks of that month, so long ago. Five months ago, and I rejected the notion of composing my notes every single day. It wasn't hidden in the back, it was quite visible in the door of the fridge. I owe this beer an apology. Perhaps if I'd consumed this 4th can while it was fresher, I'd have had more to say, deeper insights, if only I'd caught it when it was at it's peak. Or not, who knows? 

Anyway, that's the nature of things right now, I'm trying to whittle down the amount of beers I possess that need to be written about, while avoiding the temptation to buy more, thereby building the pile up. It's a tough life, I know. Sixty-two is the current number folks. Sixty-two.  Working on getting it below 50, for once. 

The Project continues. In the search for the perfect Hazy IPA we turned our focus to the “Bigger is Better” mantra. All of the haziness you expect but with a bigger and bolder face. 

No comments: