Friday, July 30, 2021

Eagle Park I Can Go For That Hazy India Pale Ale

Eagle Park I Can Go For That Hazy India Pale Ale. With our handlselected Citra, Simcoe, and Chinook hops plus 3 different kinds of oats. 

8 % ABV, Eagle Park Brewing, Milwaukee, WI. 


And here we have the first appearance here in the Nib of the Eagle Park Brewing Company. I've been in retail for over 10 months now, and the retail store where I currently work has always carried their beers throughout my tenure. Why have I never written about them before? Because they are all $20+ NE IPAs and fruited sours, so, no thanks. This one arrived to me as a sample. Sorry, not even Darryl Hall and John Oates on the label will make me drop twenty books for a hazy IPA. Also, "oat cream IPA"...sigh...

Thick and hazy. Protein shake hazy. Dull yellow, slim white head. 

In the nose: Bristling with citrusy hop goodness, covered up in fuzz.  

In the mouth: Soft, smooth, juicy. Hops are popping on the palate, leaving little bitterness behind. Much mildness and murkiness going on here. Juicy and bitter hops are fading in the background. Hop flavors are always at play, and the feeling is nothing but smooth. 

I don't prefer beers like this. But if you the NE way, it's a darned good one. 

Oat cream IPA with Citra, Simcoe, & Chinook hops.

No comments: