Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Rush River Arise Coconut Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout 2019

Rush River Arise Coconut Vanilla Bourbon Barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout.

11 % ABV. Rush River Brewing, River Falls, WI. 


Complete and total blackness, slim brown head, total opacity. 

In the nose: Chocolate hits first, cocoa, mucho malt, and then the coconut meets the bourbon. Some vanilla. Lots of espresso. A bit o' cherries. 

In the mouth: Thick. Slick. Humungous. Huge malt. Ridiculous. Chocolate and coffee reign supreme, with coconut and vanilla coming in as a cameo. Rich and delicious. 

And that's where my notes end. It was my sixth beer of the evening. Looking back, I said all I needed to say. I did not know that Rush River even made an Imperial Stout until I visited the brewery last fall and bought a few bottles. They like to keep things nice and secret out there. 

No comments: