Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Brewing Projekt Gunpowder IPA

The Brewing Projekt Gunpowder IPA.


6.8 % ABV, The Brewing Projekt, Eau Claire, WI. 

And here we have a unique offering from The Brewing Projekt of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, the brewery voted least likely to win a spelling bee. The last time I had a Brewing Projekt beer, I was disappointed and declared that I would take a break from them. This one was bought before I said that. It was a mere $9.99 for a 4-pack, almost unheard of in these days of the non-stop $18.99 DDH DIPA with marshmallow fluff, lactose and jellybeans. I had to reward them with a purchase. On the other hand, it is a Tea IPA (not a TIPA)....and on the other other hand, every time I try a tea beer I usually end up liking it. 

So how is it? 

Lightly hazed, bright golden color, large and lasting ivory head, leaving lace. 

In the nose: Expressive citrus/fruity notes, with a side of pine. Tea notes slowly but assuredly peek on through. Lovely. 

In the mouth: Starts out bright and juicy, nicely hopped, mild bitterness. Delicate tea flavors start to unfold from below it all. Medium body, easily drinkable. Citra and Centennial are really bringing it in full effect, all the bright citrus and pine, gunpowder filling in on the side. Tasty. I can dig it. 

Citrusy IPA brewed with gunpowder green tea.

No comments: