Thursday, November 11, 2021

BlackStack Standing Ovation TDH TIPA

BlackStack Standing Ovation TDH TIPA.


10.5 % ABV. BlackStack Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 

Hazy as heck, dull golden, large and lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: soft and citrusy. Light and...angel food cake?

In the mouth: Juicy. Slightly tart. Big citrus. Touch of tropical. Tasty. With growing alcohol presence. And a lot of fuzz. Medium bodied, "soft and pillowy"--sigh--

Again, it's nothing like the "TIPA"s that I like...or the DIPAs. I wish there was at least some hop bitterness here. Any. Why do they want to neuter IPAs these days? I have to keep remembering that people like this now. I'm in the minority. This is how they want IPAs. I guess. 

Enough of my griping. There's hoppy flavor here, and they kicked out the bitterness, so what. It's a bit too sugary for me. Sorry, guys. 

This is us seeing how much juice we can pull out of one of our favorite hop combos. Obnoxiously loud quantities of our hand selected strata, cashmere & cashmere cryo. Just be careful standing up…This one’s a doozie

No comments: