Monday, November 15, 2021

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger V2K IPA

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger V2K IPA.


6.9% ABV, 19 IBU. New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, CO. 

Right at the start of the pour, this doesn't look great. Lots of floating particles. And then I remember that this 6-pack was given to me because it was being pulled from the shelves for being too old. And now I check the bottom and see that it's best by date was 8/29/21, 2 1/2 months ago. That's not so old. Well, I'm going to describe it anyway. 

Hazy, dull golden hue, small white head. 

In the nose: Soft, sweet, tropical. Pineapple and guava. 

In the mouth: Smooth, bright, and yum a dum dum. Soft with mild bitterness. Sweetness from tropical notes meets a splash of citrus. A hit of grapefruit to go with the pineapple. Tasty one, and drinkable, too. 

You know, it just occurred to me that I haven't had a New Belgium beer that wasn't an IPA in over two years. Except for that one Dave shared with me because I'm not buying a $50 bottle. Next time, I'll take a break from that. 

Say goodbye to your semi-charmed life, and wassap to a bittersweet symphony of grapefruit and guava, perfectly in sync in this hazy IPA

No comments: