Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Junkyard Eighties Rock Label IPA

Junkyard Eighties Rock Label IPA. With HBC 586, Galaxy and Mosaic. 

6.9% ABV, Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 



It's a Junkyard IPA that doesn't say New England or Hazy on the label, but that doesn't mean that it isn't. I've learned that lesson. So, why did I buy, I, the hater of the hazies? Because this one crowler got lost in the Big Cooler back stock long after it's counterparts in the Junkyard cooler on the floor sold out. Should I search desperately for a space to display this lone can, and then print a new shelf tag to replace the one I probably threw away? Or, just buy the thing, drink it up, shut up and enjoy a hazy for once. That's what I'll do. And that's what I did. 

By the way, I skipped the previous two in this series, if it is a series, probably because they did say NEIPA on them. No, actually only 70's did, but 60's Rock Label did not. That one just slipped past me. Now, here's my question: this can art is clearly an allusion to the warning label prompted by the PMRC, and the art for 60's Rock Label has a beetle on it, or, a Beatle. But I never figured out the moth on the 70's Rock Label art. Can anyone fill me in? Please, I'm not worried about spoilers. 

So, the beer: All hazy-like, bright yellow color, large, luminous ivory head. 

In the nose: Citrus blast with a pineapple twist. Lemon and orange are in charge. 

In the mouth: Just a little juicy in the start, citrusy splash on the palate. Minor bitterness (which I hate in an IPA), delicious malty flavor.  Smooth stuff, sugary and fuzzy, and an excellent hazy, but I hate hazies. 

Eighties Rock Label is amped to the max with a bodacious hop combination of HBC 586, Galaxy, and Mosaic. These show-stopping hops create a full, juicy flavor profile with notes of peach and stone fruit accompanied by an incredibly soft mouthfeel!

No comments: