Thursday, November 11, 2021

Maine Beer Company Another One India Pale Ale

Maine Beer Company Another One India Pale Ale.

7% ABV. Maine Brewing Company, Freeport, ME. 


Two beers from this well-regarded brewery entered our market recently. I am going to first drink the one I haven't had. Certain collected data reveals that I have had two MBC beers before, King Titus and Lunch IPA (the second of those now available here), both of them served over at Dave's place. (Thanks again, Dave.) Now, to have one at my place and take the notes upon it. 

Slightly hazed, bright golden hue, large and lasting white head. 

In the nose: Hoppy flavors hitting it. Some citrus, but mostly tropical. Mango/guava, with a twist of grapefruit/orange. 

In the mouth: Judiciously hopped, minor bitterness, just a stroke of astringency, overall well-balanced. Stays juicy, and ekes into dry. Tropical/citrus hops flavors continue to ride over the palate. Medium bodied, and well-drinkable. Highly satisfying beverage. 

When we expanded our brewery in 2013, the stress was something, to say the least. I ran out of creative juice for a minute so I decided to have another one for inspiration.

flavor profile: pineapple, mango, and guava, with notes of orange and grapefruit. undertones of earthy, woody pine

Damn, I forgot about the earthy, woody pine!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I completely forgot about King Titus, then I looked at your check-in, and it was on the day of Allison’s memorial.