Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Wabasha Green Avenger IPA

Wabasha Green Avenger IPA. 

6.8 % ABV, 75 IBU, Wabasha Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 


And here we have the second appearance here in the Nib of the Wabasha Brewing Company, and yet again, it is a sample I got for free. I nearly bought an IPA called Space Monkey, because who can resist that name, but it sold too fast. For some reason, though, folks are not as attracted to female green aliens with space boobies. I don't know what's up with that, it works for me. 

Anyway, on to the beer...

Clear, amber hued, large, lush creamy-white head. Looking nice. 

In the nose: soft, floral, and...huh. A trickle of pine. Caramel malt? "Do I detect a note of juniper?"

In the mouth: Some citrus and spice starts it off. Lands with a dull thud. Doesn't sparkle on the palate in any way shape or form. Flavor lasts long, but doesn't engage. For 75 IBU, the bitterness makes little impact. Veeers too close into sweetness. This is the kind that would make certain people say, "they've crafted the perfect IPA--no bitterness!" 

One of the weakest IPAs I've had in recent memory. Glad I didn't pay for it. And I am no closer to wanting to buy anything from them again. 

"Blasting through time and space, to make contact with your smiling face"

And that is the information that the label wants to give us. 

No comments: