Monday, November 15, 2021

Bent Brewstillery Temporal Sunshine Hazy Fruited Sour

Bent Brewstillery Temporal Sunshine Hazy Fruited Sour. 

Pineapple - Meyer Lemon-Mexican Vanilla.

6.1 % ABV, 15 IBU. Bent Brewstilllery, Roseville, MN. 


Hazy Fruited Sour is not the type of beer I would normally drink. Especially with Vanilla, Mexican or other. But this was a sample that was given to me, so drink it, and review it, I must. Onward and upward. 

Hazy, all right, bright golden color, large and lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: Lemon wafts out of the glass first, vanilla pulls up right next to it, and pineapple has to be around here somewhere. I see it, hiding behind the lemon. 

In the mouth: Very tart, and then comes the sweet. Pineapple is mixed up with the lemon, and why is there vanilla? I don't think it really works together. Mellow out in the mouth a bit, before we go back for the next sip. Medium bodied, drinkable, but rather blasé. It's just not doing anything for me.  For a sour, it's too sweet. 

Hazy Fruited Sour. 

Pineapple. Meyer lemon. Mexican Vanilla. 

Made with 100% MN malt.

No comments: