Monday, May 9, 2022

Oliphant Zwub Hazy IPA

Oliphant  Zwub Hazy IPA.

7.5% ABV, Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

Observant followers of this blog know that the hazy IPA, or the New England style, or Vermont style, if you’re cheeky like Junkyard, well, they’re not my favorites. I will review them if I get them for free. I will only spend my own money on them if they are made by Oliphant, and if they are under $16 a 4 pack. (Or if they come in a variety pack.) And so....

This here is the prequel to Zwub Zwub Hazy Double IPA. Who is the Zero Waste ‘Ungy Boy and how did he come to be? And how did this version of Joshua Miller become the Jabba-like creature on that other beer’s label? Let’s find out...

All hazy-like, golden hue, large and lasting ivory head.

In the nose: hoppy, citric, fuzzy. I could use more aroma.

In the mouth: small bitterness up front, followed by the juiciness, and then smooth, sweet malt. Citric hop flavors flood the mouth first, pinch of pineapple in there, too. Exceptionally easy drinking and quite delightful. Needs more bitterness and clarity to be my cup o’ tea, but if you want a good ol’ hazy, it’s not too shabby. 


No comments: