Saturday, May 7, 2022

Lake Monster Double Rowboat DIPA

Lake Monster Double Rowboat DIPA 

8.2% ABV, 80 IBU. Lake Monster Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 

Fairly hazy, dark orangey coloration, large, creamy head. 

In the nose: orange peel, lemon, candied apricot. Big citrus with an extra dose of pine. 

In the mouth: it’s a loud one, hot, fierce and hoppy. Add “dank” in there, while we’re at it. A little bit think and chewy. I don’t say that about many DIPAs. I kind of like them like this. Takes me back.

I wish that I had reviewed this when it was fresher, but I don’t think it’s changed much. It’s a ripe one, powerful, and overflowing with citrusy flavors and quite a lot of hop bitterness. I wouldn’t mind having this one again someday.

This classic west-coast style Double IPA is brewed with loads of CTZ and Cryo Citra hops for a bold, resinous citrus-hop punch. 

No comments: