Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Sisyphus Schrodinger’s Lager

 Sisyphus Schrodinger’s Lager. Vienna Lager.

4.7% ABV, 15 IBU. Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.


I went to Sisyphus and took home a new beer to add to the blog, something I haven’t done in a while. Of all the untried and untested, the yet to be reviewed here, I went with a Vienna lager. And why the heck not, I like ‘em. I don’t only drink IPAs....just about 90% of the time, that’s all.

Clear, bronze/ amber color, small, negligible head.

In the nose: slightly sweet and malty, but well balanced. Caramel-y, nutty.

In the mouth: more malty sweetness, next to no hop bitterness, very pleasant flavors. Mild, tasty, easy drinking. Classic and clean. A hallmark of German (or Austrian) engineering. Munich & Vienna malts, noble hops. All is balanced and good. Yum a dum dum. 

No comments: