Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Town Hall Quadrupel Vine

 Town Hall Quadrupel Vine. Belgian style Quadruple aged in Red Wine Barrel.

10% ABV, Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.


Town Hall’s Barrel aged week was back in late February/ early March and this was the only crowler I brought home with me. I can’t go around buying $18 cans all willy nilly, now. Even though it was stretched out to two weeks, I still only made the one time. As I might have said previously , times are tight now. Maybe they will get loose soon, I hope.

Why drink this tonight, when I can sit on it as long as I want (not literally, of course)? Because I feel like drinking it, that’s why. There are almost 50 different beers in the fridge that I need to review and I gotta get cracking.

Thoroughly opaque, crimson hued, near burgundy, with a slim, off white head.

In the nose: magical malts. Belgian flavors coming through, rich and sweet, dark fruits and cocoa combine. Plum and caramel, chocolate and fig. Wine comes creeping in. 

In the mouth: even more so, quad flavors not yet corrupted by wine. Full bodied, full flavored, rich and delicious. More of frui mixed with chocolate and caramel and the wine steps further into the circle, making it vinous and vinous-ier as we go. Maybe too vinous? 

I really like quads. I mean, really, really. So much that I followed this big can with a smaller bottle of a Belgian quad, with no barrel aging. Review coming soon. 

No comments: