Sunday, May 29, 2022

Montgomery Wai So Serious? NEIPA Featured Hop: Wai-iti

 Montgomery Wai So Serious? NEIPA Featured Hop: Wai-iti.

6.9% ABV.  16 IBU. Montgomery Brewing, Montgomery, Mn.


I’ve said it before, I no long spend my own money on the hazies and NEIPA, with few exceptions. They keep showing up here because the6 keep winding up in my fridge somehow.

All clouded up, bright yellow color, slim white head.

In the nose: bold citrus, largely lemon, with some pineapple on the side.

In the mouth: slightly sour at first, some minor bitterness, fairly dry. Hops come in with fuller force on next sip. Lighter body, smooth, with a blend of citrus and tropical flavors dominating. Fruity Andy soft. Soft and bland.  As it goes on, this beverage delivers less and less of what I like to find in a beer. Alas, I just can’t dig it. 

No comments: