Sunday, May 29, 2022

Venn Southside Dip Hop Project Triple IPA

 Venn Southside Dip Hop Project Triple IPA. A Collab with MPLS Southside Breweries. 

10.8 % ABV. Venn Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Why is this glass not full? Good question.
When I first poured, it gushed. I ran to clean the mess
with paper towels, then began to take notes...
forgetting that I hadn’t taken a pic until much
later...so, sometimes you get what you get.


Clear, bright golden hue, large, lush ivory head. 

In the nose: bold hoppy notes at play, some citrus and pine, a little floral, very nice. 

In the mouth: fierce flavors kick it off, brass bitterness, rich malt. Citrus meets candy, orange jolly rancher meets candied peach and apricot, blended with brandy. Yum meets a dum dum. 

I don’t but too many growlers these days, for various reasons. This one was $11. I must have thought it was worth it. I’m thinking it was. I would have loved to share it with friends, but, sorry, next time, pals. 



No comments: