Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bottlecaps, bottlecaps, ...BOTTLECAPS!!!





Still ill. While the sun is shing, the snow receding, the birds not yet tweeting, but spring is coming in. And my bike has a flat, and I've got a cold. Third day of be good while being sick. With some exceptions. Opened a bottle of Stone Levitation Ale last night, (thinking, oh, it's low alcohol, it'll be okay) filled a pint glass, and finished 1/3 of it. Foolish, foolish act.
Worse yet, I brought Imperial March to a screeching halt, and started Belg-a-Rama #5, featuring 4, count 'em 4, Belgian beers I've never had, and one I haven't had in years. Hope they aren't so popular that they're gone before I get a glass! (Got a short sip of a few of them, just to know what I'm talking about to customers.)
And so, I retired early taking various medications, making various TV, and wasted my time in a perfectly useless and fun way: arranging and photographing bottlecaps!
I used to collect one from every different beer I had, for years and years, a vast and diverse collection. Gave them away to a friend for some reason. Nowadays, I occasionally toss them in a bag, and this motley assemblage is what we have now.
Latest in the Bitter Nib series of completely, utterly pointless nonsense. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Vik Strong said...

bring that bike over this week and we'll patch that tube up.

maybe its new tires summer too?