Thursday, April 14, 2011

21st Amendment Brew Free! Or Die IPA


If you know me at all, you know I have no problem with cartoony imagery on beer labels. On first seeing this cardboard six pack of cans with the new wraparound art, I had to have it. Although I wonder what is going on. Abraham Lincoln is great fighting mad with someone, but what adversary could be big enough to match his enormous size? Is it "attack of the 50 foot Osama Bin Laden"?
Anyway, I've had it before, and these are my notes from then, February, 2009:

"Hazed apricottish hue, rocky head of milk white foam...lovely.

Pungent citric aroma ,lemon spills out, pine, orange, mango, tangerine...a cornucopia of hoppy delight.

It comes in the flavor, grabs the palate, delivers the bitter blast, then leans back. Juicy stuff. Light bodied, easy drinker, smooth...tons of hops, longish bitter finish, but not too intense.

This is a session IPA for sure.
I'd drink it again and again. Mmm."

No comments: